ALGEBRA I: Semester 1 (Q1 & Q2) and Semester 2 (Q3 & Q4)
Algebra 1 with a focus on functions emphasizes the importance of algebra in everyday life through select real-world examples. Assessments are designed to ensure that student understanding goes beyond rote memorization of steps and procedures. The skills acquired in this course contain the foundation needed for all future high school math courses. Upon successful course completion, students will have a strong foundation in Algebra 1 and will be prepared to move on to Geometry. (3SSALG1Q)
Grade level: 9-12
Prerequisite: Successful completion of Math 8
- Online summer school courses are rigorous. Students will be taught an entire 20-week semester within each 3-week summer session and should plan to commit 6-7 hours per day to the coursework on Canvas.
- Online summer school courses are self-paced and quarter-based. All work for each quarter is due by the end of that particular quarter. Students will earn two quarter grades instead of one semester grade.
- Online summer school students will be expected to complete most of their work asynchronously and at their own pace. Teachers will be available throughout the week to offer instructional support by email during regular summer school hours. Teachers will hold one live virtual class a week to provide a synchronous learning opportunity which is optional, but highly recommended.
- Year-long courses consist of two semesters that run consecutively. Semester 1 of a year-long course will only be offered during Session I. Semester 2 of a year-long course will only be offered during Session II. Semester-long courses such as PE, Health, and Government) will be offered during both Session 1 and Session 2.
- The last day students can drop an online course without having the course show up on their transcript for any session is the end of the first day of class at 4 pm.
- Online Session I consists of Q1 & Q2 equaling one semester for .50 credits.
- Online Session II consists of Q3 & Q4 equaling one semester for .50 credits.
- Q1: June 05 – June 13, 2023
- Q2: June 14 – June 23, 2023 (no school on June 19)
- Q3: June 26 – July 5, 2023 (no school on July 4)
- Q4: July 6 – July 14, 2023
- Registration Deadline for Session I (Q1 & Q2): May 31, 2023